It began like any other weekday morning. Monday arrived with an alarming blare. The coffee buzz I sought had yet to kick in. But, as I scanned my unread e-mails, I noticed a message from a new, WordPress, blogging buddy, Leonie Lucas.
Leonie, honored me with my second Versatile Blogger Award. The buzz from receiving such an honor turned my ho-hum morning into one I’ll remember forever. So, I truly thank Leonie for reading and recognizing my blog. Her blog — Writing, One Page at A Time — touched me the other day because while enjoying time with her six-month-old, Leonie began submitting her work for publication and to writing contests. Those are both goals of mine as well.
Upon accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, there are three rules.
Rule 1: Reveal seven things you probably don’t know about me
- The New York Giants are my favorite for Superbowl Sunday.
- I need to eat tacos at least once a week. Crunchy shells rule.
- When I get pissed off I clean my house.
- Nutella should be promoted as the next super food. Just kidding.
- When I can’t sleep I read online tabloid comments.
- Cheech and Chong movies still make me laugh so hard I cry.
- I read Lucky Magazine every month and go sticker crazy.
Rule 2: Select and award 15 bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award. The following list links you with blogs I have not plugged in previous award posts.
1. Kelly at Dances With Chaos. She is the writer I want to be when I grow up. Her posts are always superb and touch so many at various levels on such a broad stroke of topics. Always a great read.
2. The next six are blogs that push and inspire me to become a better, more consistent, dedicated writer.
My Name is Not Bob
3. There are blogs I am becoming better acquainted with that make me pause and stay awhile. They all weave the right combination of words and/or pictures to make each visit memorable.
Indulge — Travel, Adventure, & New Experiences
Thypolar’s Life Uncensored
Cosy Travels of the Viking and his Kitten
The Better Man Project
AJ Poetry, Poetry with purpose
Rule 3: Notify honorees.