It began like any other weekday morning. Monday arrived with an alarming blare. The coffee buzz I sought had yet to kick in. But, as I scanned my unread e-mails, I noticed a message from a new, WordPress, blogging buddy, Leonie Lucas.
Leonie, honored me with my second Versatile Blogger Award. The buzz from receiving such an honor turned my ho-hum morning into one I’ll remember forever. So, I truly thank Leonie for reading and recognizing my blog. Her blog — Writing, One Page at A Time — touched me the other day because while enjoying time with her six-month-old, Leonie began submitting her work for publication and to writing contests. Those are both goals of mine as well.
Upon accepting the Versatile Blogger Award, there are three rules.
Rule 1: Reveal seven things you probably don’t know about me
- The New York Giants are my favorite for Superbowl Sunday.
- I need to eat tacos at least once a week. Crunchy shells rule.
- When I get pissed off I clean my house.
- Nutella should be promoted as the next super food. Just kidding.
- When I can’t sleep I read online tabloid comments.
- Cheech and Chong movies still make me laugh so hard I cry.
- I read Lucky Magazine every month and go sticker crazy.
Rule 2: Select and award 15 bloggers with the Versatile Blogger Award. The following list links you with blogs I have not plugged in previous award posts.
1. Kelly at Dances With Chaos. She is the writer I want to be when I grow up. Her posts are always superb and touch so many at various levels on such a broad stroke of topics. Always a great read.
2. The next six are blogs that push and inspire me to become a better, more consistent, dedicated writer.
3. There are blogs I am becoming better acquainted with that make me pause and stay awhile. They all weave the right combination of words and/or pictures to make each visit memorable.
Indulge — Travel, Adventure, & New Experiences
Cosy Travels of the Viking and his Kitten
AJ Poetry, Poetry with purpose
Rule 3: Notify honorees.
10 thoughts on “Versatile Monday Morning Buzz”
Thank you, Kate! Write on!
Oh Kate… I’ve felt so “off” lately, and been struggling to make the time to write and make those words form coherent sentences.
Your comment about my writing means more than I have the words to say. Oh, the irony.
Thank you, so very, very much.
@ Kelly – I’ve been following you for some time and always find your posts very relevant to what I’m experiencing with my own children. Since the start of 2012, I’ve felt a bit “off” with my writing as well. There are days when I just don’t have the motivation or words in my head to put anything on a page. Yesterday, I sketched out a plan that I’m hoping will help a bit with that.
Thank you so much for thinking of Limebird Writers Kate! 🙂
Thanks so much for nominating me Kate and congrats on your award, well deserved!
Congratulations and thanks for nominating us!
Congrats on your second award! It is well deserved. And thanks so much for thinking of me 🙂
Thanks for reading. You are a gifted writer. I applaud your courage in sharing your journey.
Comments are closed.